Balboa Park Running Route
San Diego, CA 92103
A scenic jaunt that starts downtown and runs through San Diego's largest park. Out and back accrues 5 miles total.
* In the Gaslamp Quarter (downtown) our distance begins at 6th Ave. and Broadway
* Run north on 6th Ave. and experience a long gradual climb (~ 1 mile)
* Turn R at Laurel St. and follow it through the park's main entrance/drive
* After passing the second of two large fountains, look for a pedestrian bridge that crosses over Park Blvd.
* Cross the bridge, then head north along Park Blvd. (you'll have to run in the grass)
* Run beside the road till reaching Morley Field Dr. - at the traffic light turn around and head back the way you came
Total = approx. 5 miles round trip
Athletic-Minded Traveler, LLC, in no way guarantees the safety and/or condition of this run route as these public paths and ways are not within our control. You are advised to use reasonable and prudent efforts to ensure your personal safety and security. Use of this map/route is at your own risk.