This run is perfect for people who want to get a feel for the Boston Marathon by running its last stretch which includes Heartbreak Hill. The public transit "T ride" will take you about 35 minutes from Downtown.
* Catch the T green line from Downtown or Back Bay and take it to Woodland station
* Go R and follow the sidewalk of Washington Street
* Turn R on Commonwealth Ave. past the fire station
* Run for about a 4 mile stretch on Commonwealth through the Newton area
* This part of the route will include the uphill infamous "Heartbreak Hill"