Acai, Banana, Apple & Blueberry Oat Breakfast Muffins
Why do we call them "breakfast" muffins? Because these muffins will help you start the day in a healthful way. The taste is mild and the nutrition profile strong.
This muffin fuel is an exclusive recipe created by the editors of Athletic-Minded Traveler. When we needed something beyond our Acai Oatmeal staple to start the day, we went in search of a recipe that had all the "good stuff" of the oatmeal: unsweetened acai smoothie pack, cinnamon, chia seeds, bananas, oats, raw honey, healthy fats, etc! We found nothing! So we created our own recipe; and our taste testers gave it a BIG Breakfast Thumbs UP!
Athletic-Minded Traveler Acai, Banana, Apple, Blueberry Oat Muffins
12 Muffins. Note: You can easily begin recipe with steps 1-5 and come back and complete the recipe later!
AMT's Acai, Fruit & Oat Muffins
- 1 Unsweetened Acai Smoothie Pack (We use Sambazon)
- 1 Very ripe medium or large banana (We often use a saved, frozen one)
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Diced apple
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk, (We prefer Whole Foods 365 Brand Original)
- 1/4 Cup Raw sugar
- 1 T Chia seeds
- 1 T Raw honey
- 1/4 Cup coconut oil (warmed to a liquid)
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1 T Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Wheat flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 Cup Wild blueberries, frozen (Fresh would be fine.)
- Take Acai pack out of freezer and let soften and add/squeeze in to big mixing bowl
- Once Acai has softened/melted, add banana, eggs, vanilla, apple, almond milk, sugar, chia seeds, honey and coconut oil.
- Add oats
- Stir to gently combine and cover oats with liquid.
- Let the oats soak 30 minutes or more so that they soften.
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Use a hand immersion blender to combine wet ingredients. This will also break up oats. You can skip this step and your muffins will be more "oaty."
- In a separate bowl combine, cinnamon, flour, baking soda, baking powder
- Add frozen blueberries and gently stir to cover berries with flour mixture.
- Add dry the dry ingredient mix to wet ingredients and gently combine
- Spoon into 12 non-stick muffin cups or liners
- Optional, sprinkle tops with raw sugar
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
Nutrition Data (Calcuated using the food packaging and Calorie King)
|Total Fat (g)||6.85|
|Total Carbs (g)||21.78|
|Other||Omega 3, 6, 9|
If you are interested in more Eat Well posts, visit our archives here.