Delicious Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Leeks. Easy as 1-2-3.
You don't like vegetables you say? We dare you to NOT like these...assuming no disdain or allergy to tomatoes or flavor!
Let's get cooking!
This recipe can't be messed up. Really. Truly. Use more or less of the ingredients. Just ensure that you have a caramelized, or near caramelized, effect at the end of the cooking time.
- 1 pack cherry tomatoes (Grape tomatoes work well too. If your tomatoes are on the larger side, split them.) Again, feel free to use MORE.
- 1-2 Leeks
- 1T garlic minced (We cheat and use this one. So good. So easy. Can buy via Vitacost, Walmart and others.)
- 1-2T Olive Oil
* Optional -- more "spice". We also used the Mushroom Blend from Trader Joe's. It's a favorite and delivers more umami!
These images show the key stages: 1. After being baked 20 minutes at 425F. 2. After being stirred. 3. Final product!
Preheat oven to 425F
- In a 3 ct. Pyrex rectangular glass baking dish drizzle 2 tsp of the olive oil to coat bottom of pan. (I used 11x9x2 dish.)
- Slice leeks into rounds, and use as much as possible -- into the light green portion. Slice the rounds again. Rinse in a strainer if necessary and pat dry.
- In a large bowl mix the tomatoes, sliced leeks, remaining olive oil, salt, garlic, pepper and any other spice. Go easy on S&P. You can always add more later.
- Dump the veggie mix into baking dish and spread into a single layer.
- Bake at the 425 for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp to 325.
- Take pan out of oven and stir veggies. If there is any sticking, add more oil or a very small amount of water -- 1-2 tsp.
- Bake at 325 for 30 minutes OR until caramelized. (It's unnecessary to wait for oven to reach 325F before putting dish back in.)
Want more EAT WELL ideas? Our archives are a treasure chest of ideas. Click here to view our EVERYTHING FOOD category.