Great Sweat Songs
In the spirit of the Grammy Awards--what a fantastic show that was last Sunday night (no lip-synching, no gratuitous profanity/nudity, etc.)--we thought it would be fun to nominate a few of our favorite sweat tunes.
What makes a good workout song in our view? It must be motivating (slow tunes put us to sleep). It cannot be too long (6 minutes or more of any song is overkill). And, it has to be clean (profanity first thing in the a.m. pollutes the mind for the rest of the day).
Music tastes are very unique, but this broad-genre list of high-energy songs should give you a few goodies to add to your iTunes. Feel free to suggest more.
In no particular order:
1. My Love - Justin Timberlake - 4:41 (minutes:seconds)
2. Fergalicious - Fergie - 4:54
3. Beautiful Day - U2 - 4:08
4. In da Club - 50 Cent - 3:13
5. Rhythm is a Dancer - Snap - 3:42
6. Numb - Linkin Park - 3:07
7. Gonna Fly Now - Theme from Rocky - 2:48
8. Lose Yourself - Eminem - 5:20
9. Higher - Creed - 5:26
10. SOS - Rihanna - 4:00
11. Buttons - The Pussycat Dolls - 3:53
12. Girl - Beck - 3:29