Why you should follow Athletic-Minded Traveler on Twitter
Several weeks ago we began tweeting. Our twitter address is @healthytravel.
Why tweet? First and foremost to help people stay up to date on all things active and healthy. We also think that athletic-minded travelers, and those trying to maintain an active and healthy lifestyle, are a unique bunch.
Our passion is healthy living and our tweets offer useful information. We do not simply write 3 words and post a link. Instead we will tell you something useful IN the tweet! If there is a link posted, it is to give you more information.
Check out our Twitter Page HERE. Here are some sample tweets!
- 4 energy bars in our rotation: Clif, Balance Pure (chocolate cashew),
Atkins Advantage & Zone (dark choc). First 2 travel better.
- Don't let foul weather derail your hiking fun. Get waterproof boots!
We've heard the Mt Trainer Mid GTX are worth the $180
- Food expert Harold McGee writes in his food reference book that pop-up
indicators "pop" AFTER they turkey breast is OVER cooked!
- Olive oil shld be stored in a cool dark place & consumed within 18
months of purchase. Buy bottles with a harvest date to ensure freshness
- A meningitis booster shot is now recommended for teens b/c a single shot
doesn't protect as long as expected.
- Big food myth: that not eating after 7p (or 6p or some other early hour)
will help you lose weight. It's the total calories over 24 hours.
- Middle age smoking ups risk of dementia SIGNIFICANTLY-37% for half pack
smokers & 44% for 1-2 packs. New, broad based study reports.
- Tip: For turkey day dessert, apple crisp is more sensible than pumpkin
pie which is more sensible than pecan pie (500 calories!)
Don't forget that you can also get our newsletter which we send out about once a month or so, AND when we have something FREE to give away. Sign up HERE.