A popular marathon training route along the Charles River and past famed universities. Our route outlines 9 miles, but take any of the bridges for a shorter/longer loop.
* Our distance begins on the NW corner of Boston Public Gardens at Beacon and Arlington Streets
* Run north along Arlington and Embankment Rd, crossing Storrow Drive and picking up the riverfront path
* Turn L and head west along the water, following the route to any bridge crossing you choose
* Our route crosses on Gerrys Landing, then heads back on the other side of the river OR you can turn around and come back on the same side
* Pick any bridge to cross back over the river, we chose Mass Ave./Harvard Bridge
Total = approx. 9-mile loop
Athletic-Minded Traveler, LLC, in no way guarantees the safety and/or condition of this run route as these public paths and ways are not within our control. You are advised to use reasonable and prudent efforts to ensure your personal safety and security. Use of this map/route is at your own risk.