Concrete and asphalt surface with an enjoyable urban route:
* Mileage measurement begins at Capitol & Washington Sts., all downtown hotels are within a mile of the Start/Finish
* You can run in either direction around the river & the route is fairly simple. Our map crosses at New York Street, but those wanting a 4-mile route can cross at 10th Street and for a 3.5-mile route cross at Michigan
* After passing White River State Park, Washington becomes N. White River Pkwy
* Along the White River you can run next to the river or on the sidewalk
* If you want to mix in some intervals, head to the I.U. 400-meter track along the east side of the river, just south of New York St
Athletic-Minded Traveler, LLC, in no way guarantees the safety and/or condition of this run route as these public paths and ways are not within our control. You are advised to use reasonable and prudent efforts to ensure your personal safety and security. Use of this map/route is at your own risk.