The Lachine Canal path is another popular bike and running path for locals and athletic-minded tourists alike. It's a paved, flat, straight route that parallels the Lachine Canal. Most of the property immediately adjacent to the path is planted grass and parklike. The path extends almost 9 miles (in one direction) from the Old Port of Montreal to Lachine. Take a look at our pics for a little better impression.
Things to know:
- It's 9 miles (14.5 km) from Western Old Port to Chemin du Musee in Lachine.
- At some points the pedestrian path is separated from cycling path.
- Views of downtown Montreal are an extra perk!
- There are watering areas -- one near pedestrian bridge at Atwater Market and another on the northern bank of Cote-Saint-Paul locks.
- Atwater Market is along the way!