The Lake Merritt Loop is a flat, paved path around a 155-acre salt water lake in the middle of downtown Oakland. The path is approximately 3 miles, so add a loop or two if you want more mileage.
* Our mileage starts and finishes at the Marriott Hotel on 10th & Broadway.
* Run north on Broadway and turn right on 14th Street until you reach Lake Merritt.
* Veer right at the lake and pick up the paved path.
* Follow the path all the way around to 14th Street for a complete loop.
* Go around again to add another 3 miles, or head back west on 14th Street.
The total length of our route is approximately 4.5 miles.
Athletic-Minded Traveler, LLC, in no way guarantees the safety and/or condition of this run route as these public paths and ways are not within our control. You are advised to use reasonable and prudent efforts to ensure your personal safety and security. Use of this map/route is at your own risk.