For the serious cyclists, this SE Portland "boutique" training facility offers cycling classes with specialized Cycleops 300 Pro equipment. We recommend this place for those who come to Portland often and/or will be in the city for an extended amount of time.
You can pay by the class ($30) and some classes are certainly more drop-in friendly than others. We also like that the 5 class card ($125) lasts 6 months! Nice for travelers. The other BIG traveler bounus is that when Sellwood Cycle is open for business, "clients" can drop in and use the equipment on their own for $10! This privelege is granted Tues-Sat 10a to 6p
C-Velo uses Wahoo KICKR and Cycleops 300 PRO with Power Meters for its "spin" classes. Fitness levels are measured and metrics are tracked. This is a power-based program.
Class times change and "drop-in" classes are even noted. Class types:
- Group Cycling Orientation: 1-1.5 hours includes bike fit, education on training zones, positions used, etc. A test is conducted to estimate Functional Threshold Power. For those who plan to partake in the "program" this is required.
- Progressive Power Group Cycling: This is done in an 8 week training block
- Base Builder Series: Typically done after above. 60 to 75 minutes
- Cyclocross indoor training specific classes
- Cycling Boot Camp Ground classes
- Yoga for Cycling
- TRX Group Training
It's located in the Sellwood Cycle Repair Building on the corner of SE 13th & SE Miller -- entrance on SE Miller.
Email the shop ahead of time for the full scoop and to "book" your time.