This multi-use, paved path stretches for 32 miles. Look for mile marks and water fountains along the way. If this loop is too long for you, consider an out and back in the opposite direction or driving and parking around mile 6.
American River Parkway (Jedidiah Smith Trail)
* Start/Finish in front of the Capitol Building on 10th St
* Run West along Capitol Mall drive, there's grass in the middle
* Turn R on Front St just prior to crossing the river
* Pick up the path just North of J Street along the water
* Follow the path as it winds around Sacramento and heads East toward Folsom
* After mile 3, the first bridge you come to, follow the path R back across the river and toward downtown
* Turn R on Dreher St
* Turn L on 16th St
* Turn R on N Street, then R on 10th St to the Start/Finish
Total = approx. 8-mile loop
Athletic-Minded Traveler, LLC, in no way guarantees the safety and/or condition of this run route as these public paths and ways are not within our control. You are advised to use reasonable and prudent efforts to ensure your personal safety and security. Use of this map/route is at your own risk.