This quarter-mile, foam-surfaced track was recently completed. Just north of the pool, you will find that the fence surrounding the track is typically unlocked along the southeast side. The available hours seem sporadic, especially during the school year, so we cannot guarantee access.
One of the most scenic runs on the west coast Midwest runners will feel at home with the flat as a pancake course:
* Our route Start/Finish is the U.S.S. Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum, most downtown hotels are within a mile of this point
Paved road loop along the coastline and through the heart of LaJolla Fairly flat except on Nautilus St between miles 2 and 3:
* Start/Finish at the intersection of Prospect and Coast Blvd (Coast actually runs downhill from Prospect)
Mostly flat paved road and sidewalk running Popular area for local outdoor enthusiasts.
* Start/Finish behind the Hilton San Diego Resort off of E. Mission Bay Drive
* Follow the sidewalk South till it ends, then run on the road to Fiesta Island Rd
This route will bring those staying east of I-5 over to UCSD's hilly campus, it's trails and 400-meter track. Our mileage starts/finshes at the Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine, but those staying nearby can pick up the route anywhere along the way.
A 9-mile (one way) flat and paved path that runs along Coronado's Silver Strand. A couple bathroom and water fountain stops along the way and some of the miles are painted on the path. Pick it up anywhere along the Strand.
A scenic jaunt that starts downtown and runs through San Diego's largest park. Out and back accrues 5 miles total.
* In the Gaslamp Quarter (downtown) our distance begins at 6th Ave. and Broadway
* Run north on 6th Ave. and experience a long gradual climb (~ 1 mile)
An educational breeding ground for tomorrow's scientists and engineers, UCSD is also an athletic playground for local residents and out-of-town visitors. Professional triathletes and Olympic track and fielders train on this 1/4 -mile oval.
Fun route that follows along the San Diego River and crosses to Fiesta Island and Mission Bay. Flat the entire way.