Dearborn High School's track is closed to the closed to the public during school hours and when competitions and meets are taking place. Use your best judgement when hopping on to run some laps - if it looks like school is in session, don't use it.
The neighborhood on the way there is somewhat run down, but Belle Isle is worth the trip
* Our start is at Jefferson & Randolph, near the Renaissance Hotel
* Run east on Jefferson (a main thoroughfare)
* Turn R on Macarthur Bridge and cross using the sidewalks
A varying route that starts in the midst of parking lots, heads through a college campus, and circles a 400-meter track. Drive and park at the track if you want to run intervals instead.
A wooded, crushed limestone trail that follows what used to be a railway.
* The southern trailhead begins just north of University & Main in Rochester Hills (~5 miles east of I-75)
* There is a parking lot & bathrooms at the trailhead
This 17+ mile paved path jogs alongside the scenic Edward Hines Drive and the Rouge River from Ford Road/Outer Drive in Dearborn to 7-mile/Sheldon Road in Northville. Approximately 15 parking lots are located along the route so you can start almost anywhere.