A good park run within a mile or so of downtown Des Moines
* Our Start/Finish measures from the site of vintage building that used to be a hotel -- at Walnut & 10th St.
* Most hotels are located within a mile of this start point
* Follow Locust west and head south on Fleur Drive
* Veer left onto John Grubb Ln to begin the path around Gray's Lake - you'll see the entrance and sign
* As you approach Fleur Drive again after encircling the Lake, if you want to add miles, jog across the street from Gray's entrance into the Water Works Park entrance and follow the main road for an out/back
* Heading home after 1 loop around Gray's Lake (not going into Water Works) will accrue ~ 5 miles
Total = approx. 10 miles (long loop), 5 miles (short)
Athletic-Minded Traveler, LLC, in no way guarantees the safety and/or condition of this run route as these public paths and ways are not within our control. You are advised to use reasonable and prudent efforts to ensure your personal safety and security. Use of this map/route is at your own risk.